Update: Looks like HDFC Bank fooled us with 5x reward points on April 1st. HDFC SmartBuy 10x continues till 30th April 2019 as of now.
One of the most generous reward program for credit card in India i.e. HDFC SmartBuy 10X is history now.
From April 1st, 2019 only HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black credit card can able to earn 5X reward points rather than 10x reward points and all other HDFC credit card holders will get maximum cash back of ₹2000.
Even for HDFC debt card holders too get maximum cash back of ₹2000.
Maximum Reward Points / Cashback
With this change, it not only affected reward points earning ratio but also with maximum cap to earn reward points.
Here are the maximum reward points that could be earned per calendar month.
- HDFC Infinia Credit Card: 25000 reward points
- HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card: 15000 reward points
- All other HDFC Credit Card / Debit Card: Only cashback upto ₹2000
For both HDFC Infinia & Diners Black credit card, it comes 16.5% cashback value i.e. For every ₹10000 you spend on these credit cards you get ₹1650 cashback.
In order to get maximum reward points, HDFC Infinia Credit Card holders has to spend ₹1,87,500 per calendar month and Similarly for HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card, it is ₹1,12,500 per calendar month.
and all other HDFC Credit Card / Debit Card holders, it is ₹40,000 per calendar month.
HDFC SmartBuy 5X Shopping Partners
- Tata CliQ
HDFC SmartBuy 5X Flight Booking Partners
You can book flights from following website through SmartBuy Compare & Fly
HDFC SmartBuy 5X Hotel Booking Partners
You can book hotels from following website through SmartBuy Compare & Stay
01st April – 30th April 2019
Other Important Info
- Reward points or Cashback will be posted within 90 working days from the last date of transaction month.
- Cashback will be posted on the customer’s PayZapp account
Terms and Conditions
- EMI transactions applicable only to HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black credit card customers spent on flights or Hotels or Flipkart store not to other HDFC credit card holders and spent on Compare & Shop, and Amazon-exclusive store.
- Not applicable to the purchase of jewellery/gold coins
- Not applicable to the purchase of prepaid cards/gift cards
- This promotion is not applicable for below credit cards
- Corporate Credit Cards
- Commercial Credit Cards
- Dealer Credit Cards
- Distributor Credit Cards
- Value Plus Credit Cards
- Jet Credit Card
- Virtual cards
- Jet Privilege Debit card and
- Times Points Debit card
- More details here
With these changes, it halves the earning reward points what it used to be but doesn’t mean that something to avoid.
Still 5x rewards points is decent enough for HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black credit card when compare to any other credit card promotions in India.
But all other HDFC credit card holders, this 5x rewards points offer doesn’t make any sense if any other credit card or shoppong partner gives more than 5% cashback or reward points worth 5% spent value. (Keep in mind even this 5% cashback goes to Payzapp account)
What do you think about recent changes?